Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Great Sweep of 2009

We worked hard this weekend to get the house clean and obstacle-free enough for the plumbers. Liz and Sean pitched in again yesterday for some clean-up, which I imagine was not quite as satisfying as tearing down walls, but was very helpful nonetheless. Sam and I continued demo and clean-up today, while Ben continued framing out the house, patching holes and reinforcing the floors (apparently there was nothing holding up the bonus room floor except some nails - yikes).

Sam had to crawl under the house today to remove a large vent. He offered to let me help, but I didn't want to detract from his fun. He looked a little woozy after he emerged; Sam says it's because he was breathing in too much CO2, but I think it's because his spelunking expedition was just so exciting. See what a great girlfriend I am?

Sam, Ben and I ended today by sweeping the entire main floor. Despite my dust mask, I'm pretty sure I inhaled about a bucket of dirt, which I plan to cough up over the course of the next week. Good times, good times.

Room-by-room picture updates coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment