Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rusted Pokey Things - 3; Sam - 0

It turns out that, if given the choice between driving a nail through the fleshy part of one's hand or doing the same with a screw, my recommendation would be the nail. This is likely a decision that I could have been able to come to a priori, but I can now - with little satisfaction in the knowing - say with first hand experience (I pause for the collective groan from the bad pun).

I took most of the day off today to work with Ben on the house. My first thought was that I would work this morning at Tully's, then meet Ben around noon to help around the house. After seeing the sunny weather this morning, and given the forecast called for rain, I chose to postpone the work work for house work.

Although we had fairly large plans for the day, we ended an 11 hour workday having installed all the windows both upstairs and down. They look very good. The amount of light that comes into the basement once you take all the boards off is quite amazing. The problem was that all of the holes were different measurements on the outside compared to the inside (in other words, in the 6-10 inches of wall the hole changed size). This caused Ben a lot of consternation and made both of us spend far too much time trying to place the windows. However, in the end we set 8 windows in the MIL basement apartment, 4 windows on the first floor (the others had already been finished), and the three windows at the loft height.

Tomorrow is back to more electrical. We have another draw inspection scheduled for Thursday, and hope to have most of the electrical completed by the end of this weekend.

My hand is in a little too much pain to continue typing, so I'm going to leave it there for the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment