Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Picture to Satisfy Your Initial Curiosity

Okay, here's your first glimpse of the house. The windows have been unboarded now, and it's amazing what a difference that makes, both from the street and the inside.

The main entrance is up the stairs. There's a separate entrance for a mother-in-law apartment on the ground level. The front porch is a decent size. We'll probably have to build up a higher rail so that our tipsy friends don't ... tip ... but the view to the street should still be just fine. Eventually, we'll probably put a little table and some chairs out there. Or a hammock. Mimosas at sunrise, anyone?

For the record, I'm sitting on the steps in this picture. I'm not two feet tall. (Though at my last doctor's visit, I found out that I may be shrinking. Lost a half inch in the last year alone. Sam says one data point is not sufficient to indicate a trend, but I don't have much height to lose in the first place....)

We'll post pictures of the inside and backyard in subsequent posts.

1 comment:

  1. And now I kind of wish you were a midget. It's a good look for you.

    ReplyDelete