Monday, July 27, 2009

Lazy Summer Days

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a few days ago that Ben successfully installed a new bathtub and shower head in the basement bathroom. It sounds like there were some frustrations along the way -- something to do with leaky plumbing -- but all is well now, and it looks great (though there are no walls yet, so bathing could be a bit awkward). Ben also re-installed the pedestal sink that had been in that bathroom previously. It looks good, but we're thinking we might move the sink to the half bathroom upstairs so that the basement bathroom can have a sink with some storage room underneath.

-----

Sam and I have taken a little unplanned hiatus from The Bagley Project due to an illness known as Stupid Sunburn. We headed with Ben over to Greenlake Sunday morning for what was supposed to be a quick cooldown; we had every intention of going back to the house for some more demolition after a couple of hours. But after paddle boating for a few hours -- including a trip across the lake to pick up Craig -- we found we were too scorched and tired to do any work on the house. Sam's dad also came into town from Bellingham to check on our progress, giving us a good excuse not to work.

Today, Sam, Ben and I still find ourselves sun-sore from the lake. Although Ben was working at the house all day -- he said demo in the basement is now basically done -- we decided not to do any more demo after-hours. Instead, our evening has been filled with groaning, alternately, about sunburn and 95-degree weather. I have been in a bit of a foul mood about the weather since last night, when my apartment manager gave me a note saying I have to keep my windows shut from 9-5 all week so they can powerwash the building, despite a record heat wave in Seattle. (I'm not exaggerating; the word "record" actually applies.) As Ben rightly points out, this is exactly the type of crap I won't have to deal with after I move.

We may do some more demo tomorrow if the mood strikes. However, Ben says the second dumpster is mostly full now, so the timing is right for a little break if we want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment