Monday, July 20, 2009

A good Sunday

It's amazing how much damage 4 people hell-bent on destruction can do to a house in a day. Pat, Cindy, Craig, and I went to town ripping out walls most of the day. The best part of tearing apart a room, I must say, comes once you've pulled off one side of the drywall. You then get to kick (or punch) through the other side. This led to some skinned nuckles, but was definitely one of the highlights of the day for me.

Cindy, Ben, and I also went out in the morning and picked up a free fridge. When we got to the guy's place in Renton to pick it up it was already outside with the doors open. A little boy who lived at the house blurted out that it stunk like fish - and proceeded to get yelled at by a person I presume to be his dad and hauled off inside. We didn't pay too much attention to it though - it was free, right? And so loaded it on Ben's truck and brought it back home. While moving it inside, Ben and Craig accidentally opened the door and found that it did indeed stink. Ben claims worse than the house did when we initially found it; although, I find that hard to believe. We brought it out to the backyard and sprayed it out with bleach water a couple times, and it cleaned up quite nicely. So we now have a fridge for the shed.

After working on the house until 4:30 or so, we had managed to rip out all the walls from the master and second bedroom on the main level and nearly all of the 14 feet high walls in the living room. Ben is still working on the bathroom downstairs; it turns out the bathtub isn't going as smoothly as he had thought it would.

After BBQing with everyone and a brief nap, I came in to work early (midnight or so) to get caught up since I was having issues getting online from offsite. I'm hoping that my extra 8 hours this morning will result in getting enough done that I can leave early to help out some more today...

Gotta work up an appetite - All you can eat ribs tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment